Thursday, April 26, 2018

there is you and there is me. i'm not sure if there's actually anyone else.

little demon bubbles up until i can exorcise him on to paper. 
you say, what about without the demon? how does it happen then?

but then there is no need for exorcisms. there is no devil to cast out. 

i suppose you could say the demon gives me the words. 

it's a tenuous balance. 

i'm going to retch. 

i really can't get the hang of thursdays. being awake is acutely painful. can't sleep without the demon out. 



why can't i explain the shadows behind my eyes?

the only safe place is inside a myth. predictable outcome. demon made flesh. 

we fight to the death. 

but you do not live ephemerally inside my skull. we know who slays whom. the rules are clear. 

we know who is dead. 
we can touch each other's blood. 

i see how i need you. you need me. i need you. 
or else there is no story here. and both of us are dead. we are nothing, we are nothing, we are dead. 



No comments: