Sunday, April 15, 2018

osmosis

that hug is a viper, it bites and it feeds
it comes four times in fifteen minutes and i have to push out to let you let me go

do you still think i'm yours? 
after all this time, all this growing up i had to do
to separate from you

conversion touch disorder, could i not have had that with a poison frog skin
bright colors to warn you

would that have worked if i knew what you do?

you don't know you don't know you don't know what you do
it all comes so naturally to you

my skin is not bright but still you find me
i turn to paper
i fold into a cardboard box

please, will you, just throw me away?

you made that dark thing in me that roils around, 
those brain blocks that compartmental box



you taught me to make them with tender viper hands
you aren't made of bright colors, 
i wasn't to know
you smiled and laughed and i said more mummy more
and so there was more 
we had fun
i loved you tremendously, i did, i did

past tense there, Brown's morpheme Stage IV
i learned it by three but not when to use it,
not where it applied,

not that your type of viper has teeth, 
it's only when prey pulls away

No comments: