Monday, April 4, 2011

partial suicide

let's pretend it was the tequila, a bad reaction to tequila that made me vomit all over my boots for hours, reduced my limbs to dead weight. i don't remember blacking out, but who does? just hands, being carried, the irresistible pull of gravity on my body, the inability to do anything but be swept along. yes, the tequila. 


slumped over my roommate's arm i looked Death in the face and said, all right, i'm ready


it was terribly peaceful. 




woke in the morning, surprised that i had. can't shake the disappointment. there was a beautiful finality about the whole evening. 





three days i've been in a daze: what next?

5 comments:

Pneumonia said...

this text feels like an echo of my life.. Xx

Anonymous said...

I know this feeling.. the reality of it. Makes waking up the next day feel like the biggest fucking disappointment.

Anonymous said...

Every word you write here has the echo of pure, unadulterated truth that haunts my every step. Thank you for putting it eloquently. It makes me feel a bit sane.

Clodia Turtledove said...

xxxx coffee, dogs, fantastical books, hair appointments, anger toward weather, bars, things like that.

witches said...

i came back to make sure you were alive. darling, you know it gets better. you told me. shall i pull out the old quotation marks? talk with me, if you can. xx x