Wednesday, January 10, 2018

fury

a pregnant
impregnable
need desperation
fury to write

a baby announces itself with its mother's first words, a need to push
inescapable biological physical sensation of the body

a sheen of sweat
that bittersweet bite of an orange
bits of tv shows in the periphery as i scratch
the dog who rolls into my clenching fingers

there is no baby

phantom pregnancy psychogenic headaches
prednisone torodol reglan triptans
more and more and more
and, i need to push
i need to not feel

psychogenic
psychosomatic
psycho, psycho, psycho

even the cat stares me down. his eyes were yellow once. now they singe.

fury a fury
sweaty sheen
there's nothing to write i'm nothing good 

prednisone, is it you who infect my mind?

should we take out those pills
and the white pills
and the white and blue capsules
and the blue triangles
and the smooth white ones, two sizes
so cute, the little one
and the round blue ones, or green, depending
and the yellow capsules rule my day, where are the hours? three times a day. tick tick tick. 

what if we take them all away?

what if the blood orange drips red on my white dress
and under my fingernails?
push, push
keep pushing, phantom, bloody fetus ghost,

welcome to this family, small corpse, little nothing
don't bother that you have no belly button, you'll be safe!
there will be no blood from you!
welcome, do, do come in

while i write nonsensical words
on the typewriter
clack slack tick tock pills time for the pills
with my slick sweat sheen and the blood on my fingers
and your face, your face in my throat pushing out

No comments: