Wednesday, June 1, 2011

if a beginning is even discernible in the midst of irrelevant events

afternoon sun on the back of my neck, you sit with me while i drink my tea and smoke and then walk me to the corner, you didn't have to, we both know that. i insist you make blueberry muffins and tell you i'll come tomorrow, i swear this time i will. 


we're playing games, aren't we, waltzing around each other in this in-between space where i don't know you and you don't know me yet but there's something charged here. i'll keep the secrets buried and maybe they'll dissipate on their own. i'd forgotten how it was to laugh like this, how my skin sheds, how light i am underneath.



 you can't break my heart because for now i'm just dreaming. in my head it's lovely, the fast-footed dance so captivatingly sweet, when there are still ten thousand outcomes, still elbow room in the world, when possibility is more potent than desire. 


i'll see you tomorrow, i suppose. i won't sleep tonight but i'll never tell you so. 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belle Armed said...

Im back darling. Im sorry I left without a proper goodbye.

<3

Stephanie Scarpa said...

I adore the way you write and this post was wonderful. Please take care.

Love
/S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The dreaming part is most fun..


(in a sickening sense, I think it is lovely)


xx