Saturday, May 12, 2018

having found the off switch to my brain, i am now concerned that is does not, in fact, turn all systems off

caught in the stillness. i believe my heart is still beating. certainly it hurt when the mirror fell on my head yesterday. 


mother's day is tomorrow. i've been plotting out the boundaries. for your sake and mine. let's just talk about tulips and my new phone and the rain. my brain physically hurts to reach for depth. blame it on the mirrored semi-concussion, if you will, which you will.

i will hold my silence.

i will blank out your circle-maze speech because i cannot hope to follow.

everything will be loud in my ears. they're picking up too much static these days to deal with your problems. 

i'm brain-numb and brain-pained all at once.


your presence is humbly requested at brunch tomorrow.
we would be delighted at your company.
mimosas and french toast will be served in your honor.
cordially yours,
k.

No comments: