Monday, December 1, 2014

a clean, well-lighted place

the drapes are long and dark. there aren't even windows behind there just nothing just me in this stale fortress, and gravity, and fear

i need a breeze on my face, please don't caulk the windows closed mom. i need the crisp snow air on my nose so my soul can escape this place. fortress of winter. no one out, no one in. 

the more you avoid the more you are afraid. 



maybe the drapes need to not be so dark. a little air, a little light. bathe me in sunlight. stop pushing my head under. 

safety and oppression are not the same thing. i did not know that until right now. you see, writing always teaches you. i ought to feel safe in a fortress because i always have but i am not who i was and safety does not always come from seclusion and dark.